Upcoming: Food Knowledge Symposium, November 18, 2008
SPEAKER:Â Â Â Eric Prud’hommeaux (W3C)
TITLE:Â Â Â Â Â Semantic Web Sampler Talks
DATE/TIME:Â Tuesday June 17, 2008, 13:00 - 15:00 (3 x 30 minute talks)
LOCATION:Â Â Room F0.13, Informatics Institute, Kruislaan 403, Amsterdam
CHAIR:Â Â Â Â Â M. Scott Marshall
- Visiting Lecture: Friday, December 14, 2007, 15:00, Eulerzaal, CWI, Kruislaan 413, “Brains need more brains: Building the semantic web for life sciences one brain at a time”, Dr. Mark Wilkinson (University of British Columbia)
- Visit of Mark Wilkinson (Principle Investigator, iCAPTURE Centre, Vancouver, Canada) to the Informatics Institute in Amsterdam (Science Park). He will be with us all day and give a lecture (15:00 - 16:00). See this event in Facebook.
Mark is a group leader at the iCapture centre and assistant professor at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. His ‘claim to fame’ is BioMoby, a framework for web services based on a semantic registry. His group in Canada does research on a health and research environment (CardioShare) and ontology creation and evaluation. Biomedicine is their prime application target. More on Mark:
- Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 11:00, Visiting Lecture: “Text mining for genomics at the Biosemantics group”, Dr. Martijn Schuemie (Erasmus University), UvA, Kruislaan 403, F0.09
- Thursday April 26, 2007, 16:00, Visiting Lecture: “Text To Ontology?”, Dr. Robert Stevens (University of Manchester), UvA, Kruislaan 403, F0.09
- Wednesday, April 25, 2007, 13:30, Visiting Lecture: “Supporting in silico Workflow Experiments with myGrid and Taverna”, Katy Wolstencroft (University of Manchester), VU.
- Wednesday, April 25, 2007, 14:30, Visiting Lecture: “Ontology comprehension”, Andrew Gibson (University of Manchester), VU.